- 1/2 cup bulgur
- 3cups boiling water
- 115 - ounce canreduced-sodium garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen mango
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (1 medium)
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3tablespoons snipped fresh mint
- 5cups mixed spring salad greens
- 4ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Snipped fresh mint (optional)
MethodLet stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- 700g cooked beetroot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 200g soft goat's cheese
- 80g bag rocket
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- Arrange the beetroot slices on a platter. Cut the mangoes either side of the flat stones, then peel and thinly slice the flesh. Lay the slices over the beetroot. Roughly crumble the goat’s cheese on top, then scatter over the rocket.
- Mix the orange and lemon juice, mustard and some seasoning in a small bowl. Whisk in the oil, then drizzle over the salad.
- 4 salmon fillets (about 125g each), boned and skinned
- 1 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 100g green bean, trimmed
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 shallots, very thinly sliced and broken into rings
- handful mint or coriander leaves
- 50g toasted desiccated coconut
- 1 thumb-sized red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- juice 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- Heat the grill. Place the salmon, skin-side up, on a foil-lined tray, season well and rub the sugar on top. Grill for about 10 mins until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling water for 1 min, drain, rinse in cold water and drain again. Arrange on 4 plates, then add the mango and shallots.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Break the salmon into a few pieces over each plate. Add the mint or coriander leaves, coconut and chilli to each. Pour over the dressing and serve with a lime wedge.
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 85g roasted salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 green mangoes or 3 Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200g pack raw shell-on headless prawn, peeled but with tail on (or, if you use ready peeled prawns, you need 175g/6oz)
- 2 little gem lettuces
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- Mix together the lime juice, chilli, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl. Add the shallots and three quarters of the peanuts and mix well. Cover and set aside for up to 4 hours.
- Peel and coarsely grate the mango or apple, and stir into the mixture along with the mint. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the prawns and stir fry quickly until evenly pink – about 2 minutes.
- Scatter the lettuce leaves on a serving plate and spoon the salad mixture in the centre. Surround with the prawns and scatter over the remaining peanuts and spring onions.