This quick supper is great for picky teenagers
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp groundnut or sunflower oil
- 500g pack turkey breast steaks, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 large red pepper, seeded, quartered and sliced
- 120g bag herb salad
- 130g tub guacamole
- 200g bag tortilla chips
MethodAdd the oil to the pan or wok, tip in the turkey, Cajun seasoning and red pepper and stir fry for about 5 minutes until the turkey turns from pink to white.
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 200g basmati rice
- 450ml chicken stock
- 400g can kidney bean, rinsed and drained
- 4 turkey steaks
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 5oz 140g fresh pineapple (or 220g can pineapple rings, drained)
- ½ green chilli, finely chopped
- juice 1 lime
- Reserve 2 tbsp of the onion for the salsa. Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the remaining onion and half the pepper for 4 mins or until softened and coloured. Stir in the rice, then pour in the stock. Add the kidney beans and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, stir once, cover the pan, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook for 15 mins until the rice is tender and the liquid absorbed.
- Dust the turkey steaks with the Cajun spice and griddle or fry in a non-stick pan for about 4-6 mins on each side until cooked through. Cut the pineapple into small pieces and mix together with the reserved red onion, pepper, green chilli and lime juice. Spoon some salsa over each steak and serve with the rice.
- 100g dried thin rice noodle
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- cooking oil spray
- 500g turkey mince
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- juice 4 limes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pour boiling water over the noodles and allow to sit for 5 mins. Drain, rinse under cold water and put in a large bowl, along with the chilli, carrots, onion and herbs.
- To make the lime-chilli dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl or a screw-top jar.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat until extremely hot. Lightly coat with oil and fry the turkey until nicely browned, breaking into chunks as you go. Add the noodle mixture, pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 4 turkey breast steaks (about 500g/1lb 2oz in total)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 330g can sweetcorn, rinsed and drained
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- zest and juice ½ lime
- 8 flour tortillas
- 150ml pot soured cream and salad leaves, to serve
- Sprinkle the spice mix evenly over the turkey. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the turkey and fry for 4 mins on each side until cooked through. Rest for 2 mins before thinly slicing.
- Meanwhile, mix the sweetcorn with the chilli, lime zest and juice to make the salsa. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Warm the tortillas following pack instructions. To serve, assemble each wrap by spreading with a little soured cream, if liked, then pile on some sliced turkey and add a spoonful of salsa. Roll up and serve with crisp salad leaves.