Griddle corn on the cobs then toss with lime juice, avocado and red onion for a sweet and smoky side dish
- 3 corn on the cobs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 avocados
- juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- big handful of coriander leaves
- pinch of salt
MethodCook the corn on the cobs in the hot pan, brushing with the olive oil and seasoning as they cook. Turn the corns now and then, until cooked with nice charred lines, about 10 mins. Once cooked, transfer to a plate and leave to cool.
- 4 fresh corn cobs
- 2 vine tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- handful coriander, roughly chopped
- juice 3 limes
- 75g feta cheese
- Boil the corn for about 5 mins or until tender. Run under cold water and drain thoroughly. Cut the corn off the cob and put in a large serving bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, red pepper, avocado, jalapeño pepper, coriander, lime juice and seasoning, and mix well. Crumble over the feta to serve.
- 4 Cumberland sausages
- 4 tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- pinch brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- hot dog rolls, salad leaves and soured cream, to serve
- Barbecue the sausages for 10-15 mins, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Meanwhile cook the tomatoes, cut side up, for 3-4 mins, until the skins start to blacken. Transfer to a bowl.
- Mash the tomatoes with a fork and stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon some into a long roll, add salad leaves, a sausage and top with a dollop of soured cream.
- 1 very ripe avocado
- 2 limes, 1 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
- 100g sweetcorn from a can, or frozen and defrosted
- 1 tomato, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ a small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 140g lean beef steak, sliced and all fat removed
- 1 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 4 small wholemeal flour tortillas
- shredded iceberg lettuce and sliced jalapeño peppers, to serve
- Mash together the avocado and lime juice. Stir through the sweetcorn, tomato, half the coriander and seasoning to make a salsa. Set aside, covered with cling film.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan and cook the onions for about 8 mins until lightly charred and slightly softened. Remove to a warmed serving dish.
- Dust the steak with the fajita seasoning and some black pepper, then add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins, depending on how rare you like it, then add to the onions. Meanwhile, warm the tortillas following pack instructions. Serve the steak and onions with the tortillas, salsa, lettuce, jalapeño peppers and lime wedges.