Yield 12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge and 2 tablespoons glaze)
The cheesecake needs to chill eight hours, so plan on making this a day ahead. The Cranberry Glaze can also be made ahead and chilled.
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup gingersnap crumbs (about 6 cookies, finely crushed)
- 1(16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 1(8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat Cream Cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2large Eggs
- 2large egg whites
- 1(8-ounce) carton low-fat Sour Cream
- Cranberry glaze
- 1/2 cup low-fat granola
- 11 pound container low-fat cottage cheese
- 18 ounce package light Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon water
- Lemon rind
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whirl granola in food processor until slightly ground. Coat inside of 7-1/2- to 8-inch springform pan (see Note below) with nonstick cooking spray. Coat inside of pan with granola.
- Process together cottage cheese and cream cheese in food processor until smooth. Add flour, sugar, salt, egg whites, lemon rind and juice. Process until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Place pan on baking sheet.
- Bake in 325 degrees F oven 1 hour. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in oven with door slightly open for 1 hour. Remove pan to wire rack. Carefully run thin knife around edge of cake to loosen. Let cool completely.
- Heat together marmalade and water in small saucepan over medium heat until liquid. When cool enough to touch, pour over cake; spread out evenly with spatula to cover top. Refrigerate until glaze is firm. Gently loosen side of pan; remove side. To serve, garnish with lemon rind.
- 4 8 ounce package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cranberry sauce (optional)
- Sugared cranberries (optional)
- Fresh Mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Wrap outside of an 8-inch springform pan with heavy foil. Grease the bottom and sides inside the pan; set pan aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is smooth and sugar is dissolved, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs and vanilla, beating just until combined. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Place springform pan in a shallow roasting pan. Place roasting pan on the oven rack. Carefully pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to reach halfway up the side of the springform pan. Bake for 70 to 75 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Carefully remove springform pan from water. Remove foil from pan. Let cheesecake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a thin metal spatula, loosen the edge of the cheesecake from sides of pan; cool for 45 minutes more. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- To serve, remove sides of the pan and cut cheesecake into wedges. If desired, top with Cranberry Sauce, sugared cranberries, and/or mint leaves.
- 110 - 12 - pound Turkey
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, cut into quarters
- 1 medium orange, cut into quarters
- 4 sprigsfresh sage
- 4 sprigsfresh thyme
- Cooking oil
- Cranberry-apple Corn Bread stuffing (see Recipe Center)
- 18 - ounce canjellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup Apple Jelly
- 2tablespoons honey or light-colored corn syrup
- 1tablespoon lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- Rinse the inside of turkey; pat dry with paper towels. Season body cavity with salt and pepper. Sprinkle outside of turkey with pepper. Place onion, orange, sage, and thyme sprigs into body cavity. Pull neck skin to the back; fasten with a small skewer. Tuck the ends of the drumsticks under the band of skin across the tail. If there is no band of skin, tie the drumsticks securely to the tail. Twist wing tips under the back.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with oil. If you like, insert an oven-going meat thermometer into the center of an inside thigh muscle. The thermometer should not touch bone. Cover turkey loosely with foil.
- Place turkey in a 325 degree F oven. Roast for 2-3/4 to 3 hours. Meanwhile, prepare the Cranberry-Apple Corn Bread Stuffing.
- During the last 45 minutes of roasting, remove foil. Cut band of skin or string between drumsticks so thighs cook evenly. Bake stuffing, covered, in oven alongside turkey for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20 minutes more or until heated through and desired moistness. Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- For the glaze:In a small saucepan, melt cranberry sauce, apple jelly, honey, lemon juice, and snipped or dried thyme. During the last 25 minutes of roasting, brush turkey often with glaze.
- Roast until the thermometer registers 180 degree F. (The juices should run clear and the drumsticks should move easily in their sockets.) Remove turkey from oven. Discard onion, orange, sage, and thyme sprigs. Cover with foil; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before carving. Makes 12 to 14 servings.