Prep Time 25min. Total Time 5hr. 35min. Servings 16 servings
Try a creamy, graham cracker crumb-crusted Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping. This Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping is citrus-kissed with lemon juice.
- 1 cupgraham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 3 Tbsp.butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkg. (8 oz. each) philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. zest and 1 Tbsp. juice from 1 lemon
- 1-1/2 tsp.vanilla, divided
- 3 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cupsBREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
Give oven-baked potatoes a flavorful kick by crowning them with green onions, cilantro & cumin. Enjoy our Oven-Baked Potatoes with Spiced Sour Cream.
- 8 medium baking potatoes
- 1 cupBREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. mincedcilantro
- 1/2 tsp.ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 400°F.Prick potatoes in several places with fork.Bake 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients until well blended; cover.Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Split potatoes.Serve topped with the sour cream mixture.
This coeur à la crème is made in round ramekins which are easier to find than the classic heart-shaped ones.Flavored with chocolate and orange, and covered with cherry compote, it is a decadent treat.
- 4 oz.semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 container (2 cups) Sour Cream
- 1/2 cupPassover confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 Tbsp. Passover chocolate liqueur or chocolate-orange liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup frozen pitted cherries, defrosted
- 1/3 cupsugar
- 1/3 cupwater
- Melt the chocolate and set it aside to cool. In the bowl of an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and confectioners’ sugar for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add the melted chocolate, orange peel and liqueur, if using, and beat for one minute or thoroughly blended.
- Rinse 8 (6x6-inch) double-layer squares of cheesecloth under water and squeeze them to extract as much water as possible. Line 8 (6-ounce) ramekins with the cheesecloth. Divide the cheese mixture among the prepared ramekins and fold the cheesecloth over the tops. Refrigerate overnight, about 10 hours.
- To make the compote, combine the cherries, sugar and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until cherries are very soft and the sauce is slightly thickened. Cool completely, break the cherries up with a fork or with an immersion blender and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, invert the ramekins on top of 8 dessert plates. Remove the cheesecloth. Spoon equal amounts of the cherry compote over each dessert.
Go for the garlic with our Chicken Breasts in Sour Cream Sauce! Use this Chicken Breasts in Sour Cream Sauce for an entrée that's ready in under an hour.
- 1/4 cupflour
- 1/4 tsp.pepper
- 4 smallbone-in chicken breasts (1-1/2 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp.butter or margarine
- 1 tomato, seeded, chopped
- 2 Tbsp.Tomato Sauce
- 2 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/2 cupfat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cupBREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- Mix flour and pepper in shallow dish.Add chicken; turn to evenly coat both sides of each breast. Gently shake off excess flour mixture.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium-high heat.Add chicken; cook 10 to 12 min. on each side or until done (165°F).Transfer chicken to platter; cover to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and garlic to skillet; cook 3 min. or until heated through, stirring frequently.Stir in broth; bring to boil.Simmer on medium-low heat 3 min., stirring frequently.Whisk in sour cream; cook and stir 2 min. or until heated through.(Do not let sauce come to boil.)Spoon over chicken.