Prep Time 5min. Total Time 10min. Servings 1/2 cup or 8 servings, 1 Tbsp. each
Semi-sweet chocolate and butter are melted together for an easy glaze to drizzle over cakes, cookies and other desserts.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup finely crushed striped round peppermint candies
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- Crushed striped round peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar and the 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies. Beat until combined, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in water, vanilla, and peppermint extract until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; cool.
- In a medium saucepan, bring whipping cream just to simmering. Remove from heat. Add white chocolate; let stand for 3 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let stand for 45 to 60 minutes or until glaze starts to thicken.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the glaze over each cooled cookie. Sprinkle with additional crushed peppermint candies. Let stand until glaze is set. Makes about 48 cookies.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup semisweet Chocolate Pieces
- 1/3 cup butter, cut up
- 1 tablespoon light-color corn syrup
- 1/2 cup malted milk balls, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Allow 3/4 cup butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a 10-inch tube pan that does not have a removable bottom or a fluted tube pan. Add cocoa powder. Shake and tilt pan to coat bottom, sides, and tube; shake out any excess cocoa powder. In a medium bowl stir together flour, 1/3 cup malted milk powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl microwave unsweetened chocolate on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl beat 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and 1 1/4 cups water to chocolate mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Pour batter into the prepared tube pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, in a medium heavy saucepan stir together 1 tablespoon malted milk powder and 1 tablespoon water until milk powder is dissolved. Add semisweet chocolate, 1/3 cup butter, and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer mixture to a small bowl. Cover and chill for 30 to 40 minutes or until glaze is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle glaze over cake. If desired, top with malted milk balls.
Make our One-Bowl Easy Chocolate Glaze with just two ingredients and 7 minutes. This chocolate glaze is yummy on cakes, cupcakes, ice cream and more!
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen cool WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-sweet Chocolate (6 oz.), broken into Pieces
- Microwave frozen whipped toppingand chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. Stir.Microwave an additional 30 sec. to 1 min. or until chocolate ismelted and mixture is shiny and smooth.