Team with Christmas leftovers or summer BBQ favourites. Either way, Matt Tebbutt's Classic potato salad is hard resist
- 800g small new potato
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp small capers (optional)
- 2 tbsp cornichons, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise, or to taste
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- small handful parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine vinegar
- 4 hard-cooked Eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup bottled whole sweet picante peppers (Peppadew
- 3 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl combine potatoes and oil. Season with salt, and pepper. Roast for 18 minutes or until just tender but still hold their shape. Remove.
- Return potatoes to large bowl. Drizzle with vinegar; stir to coat. Cool completely. Add eggs, peppers, green onions, and dill. In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and yogurt. Pour over mixture; toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3 pounds whole tiny new potatoes or fingerling potatoes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup White Wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cornichon pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon Maggi seasoning sauce*
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 10 cornichons, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2 hard-cooked Eggs, peeled, brined in beet juice** and sliced
- Snipped fresh chives
- In a large pot cook potatoes in boiling water 15 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain; let potatoes stand 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin rounds; place in large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, oil, cornichon juice, and Maggi seasoning. Pour over hot potatoes along with shallot and cornichons; gently stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until completely cool or up to 3 days. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Serve topped with bacon, eggs, and chives.
- 3 fresh poblano peppers*
- 2 pounds tiny yellow new potatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper brine
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- toasted pepitas (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes or until skins are blistered and charred. Wrap in foil; let stand 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Remove skins, stems, and seeds from peppers; coarsely chop.
- Cook potatoes in lightly salted boiling water 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- For dressing, in serving bowl whisk together jalapeno brine, canola oil, salt, and black pepper. Add potatoes, peppers, and parsley; toss to coat. Season to taste. Sprinkle with pepitas, if desired.