Prep Time 30min. Total Time 1hr. 52min. Servings 16 servings
Drop that kindling and head indoors. You don't need a campfire to enjoy toasted marshmallows. You just need this chocolate cake.
- 1pkg.(2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cupBREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1/2 cupoil
- 1/2 cupwater
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tub(8 oz.)cool WHIP Whipped Topping, unthawed
- 2 pkg.(4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-sweet chocolate, broken into Pieces
- 2 cupsJET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 175g softened butter, plus extra for greasing
- 175g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 140g self-raising flour
- 85g ground almonds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100ml milk
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50g plain chocolate chip or chunks
- few extra chunks white, plain and milk chocolate, for decorating
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin with a long strip of baking parchment. To make the loaf cake batter, beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, flour, almonds, baking powder, milk and cocoa until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, then scrape into the tin. Bake for 45-50 mins until golden, risen and a skewer poked in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin, then lift out onto a wire rack over some kitchen paper. Melt the extra chocolate chunks separately in pans over barely simmering water, or in bowls in the microwave, then use a spoon to drizzle each in turn over the cake. Leave to set before slicing.
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1 recipe Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting or Vanilla Sour Cream frosting (recipe below)
- Allow eggs to stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease three 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pans. Line bottoms of pans with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper and lightly flour pans; set aside. In medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating on medium until well combined. Scrape sides of bowl; 2 minutes more. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating on low after each addition just until combined. Beat on medium to high 20 seconds more. Stir in grated chocolate. Divide batter among prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove layers from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
- Frost with desired frosting. Store, covered, in refrigerator. Makes 16 servings.
Pineapple and coconut add tropical taste to this moist, luscious pound cake made with sour cream and white chocolate.
- 3 cupsflour
- 1 tsp.CALUMET baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 1 container (8 oz.) BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cupsgranulated sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 1-1/2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER'S White Chocolate (6 oz.), broken into Pieces, melted, cooled slightly
- 2 tsp.vanilla
- 1/2 cupBAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE coconut
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.Lightly grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.Mix sour cream and pineapple; set aside.Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla.Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream mixture, beating until well blended after each addition.Add coconut; mix well.Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack.Loosen cake from side of pan with small knife or metal spatula.Invert cake onto rack; gently remove cake.Cool completely on wire rack.Sprinkle with powdered sugar.