- 24 largefresh mushrooms (1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 8 dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- Boiling water
- 1cup light ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 3tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 2 clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
MethodRemove and discard mushroom stems. Brush mushroom caps with oil. Arrange in a foil-lined shallow baking pan, stem sides down. Bake for 12 minutes. Drain off any liquid. Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F.
Recipe TipMake-ahead Directions: Prepare as directed through step 2. Cover and chill for up to 24 hours. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Bake mushrooms for 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned. If desired, garnish with basil leaves.
Savory stuffed mushrooms aren't limited to catered holiday spreads. Make our easy recipe featuring sausage and mushrooms for your next event.
- 24 fresh mushrooms (1 lb.), cleaned
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Zesty italian dressing
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbledItalian Sausage
- 1/2 cupKRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat broiler.
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms.Brush mushroom caps with dressing; place on rack of broiler pan.Broil, 4 inches from heat, 5 min.
- Press sausage into mushroom caps, adding about 1 tsp. sausage to each cap. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil, 4 inches from heat, 3 to 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Serve hot.
Serve our Double-Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms fresh out of the oven for the best results. These stuffed mushrooms include onions, crackers and two cheeses.
- 16 largefresh mushrooms (1-1/2 lb.)
- 2 Tbsp.butter
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onions
- 1/2 cupKRAFT Grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cupphiladelphia chive & onion Cream Cheese spread
- 1/8 tsp.ground black pepper
- 14 RITZ crackers, finely crushed (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set aside. Use melon baller to carefully scoop small amount of flesh from each mushroom cap. Finely chop removed flesh and stems. Place caps, hollowed-sides up, on parchment-covered rimmed baking sheet.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat.Add chopped flesh, stems and onions; cook and stir 5 min. or until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in next 3 ingredients and half each of the cracker crumbs and parsley; spoon into mushroom caps.Top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 25 min. or until heated through; sprinkle with remaining parsley.
A garlicky blend of stuffing mix and cheeses makes a savory filling for these easy-to-make stuffed mushroom appetizers.
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP savory herbs stuffing Mix
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 4 oz. (1/2 8 oz. pkg.) philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cupKRAFT Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF PHILADELPHIA
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- 20fresh mushrooms, (1 lb.)
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with foil
- POUR stuffing mix into a large bowl
- ADD hot water and stir just until moist
- STIR in cream cheese, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and garlic until well combined
- REMOVE stems from mushrooms and clean with a damp paper towel
- FILL mushroom caps with 1-2 tablespoons of stuffing mixture
- PLACE mushrooms on prepare cookie sheet
- ADD additional shredded cheese to top of mushrooms
- BAKE for 20 minutes or until golden and the cheese is melted
- SERVE immediately, store leftovers in refrigerator