Yields 4 cupsmore
MethodIn a small saucepan, combine sugar with 3 cups water.Bring to a boil.Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.Cool and Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 111.2- ounce bottlecoconut water
- 3tablespoons sugar*
- 1 lime
- 4cups cubed watermelon
- Unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
- In a small saucepan bring coconut water and sugar just to boiling; cool.
- Remove 1/2 teaspoon zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice from lime. In a blender or food processor combine coconut water mixture and watermelon; cover and blend or process until smooth. Strain into a bowl through a fine-mesh sieve. Stir lime zest and juice into pureed melon. Transfer to a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Freeze 2 hours, stirring and scraping frozen mixture from sides of dish every 30 minutes. Cover and freeze, without stirring, 6 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes. To serve, scrape across surface with a metal spoon or fork. If desired, top servings with coconut and/or additional lime zest.
- 1 recipe recipe Baked pastry tart Shell (see recipe below)
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1 14 ounce can (1-1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1/2 cup lime juice (10 to 12 Key limes or 4 to 6 Persian limes) or bottled Key lime juice
- Few drops green food coloring (optional)
- Sweetened Whipped cream(see recipe below)
- Prepare and roll out Baked Pastry Tart Shell; set aside.
- For filling, in a medium bowl beat egg yolks with a wire whisk or fork. Gradually whisk or stir in sweetened condensed milk; add lime peel, lime juice, and, if desired, food coloring. Mix well (mixture will thicken slightly).
- Spoon thickened filling into Baked Pastry Tart Shell. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Chill 2 to 3 hours before serving; cover for longer storage.
- To serve, cut tart into wedges. Pipe Sweetened Whipped Cream onto each wedge.
- Makes 8 slices.
- graham Cracker crust
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded Key lime peel or lime peel
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or lime juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Finely shredded Key lime peel or lime peel (optional)
- Prepare Graham Cracker Crust. Cover and chill about 1 hour or until firm.
- For filling, in a medium bowl combine sweetened condensed milk, the 1 teaspoon lime peel, and lime juice. In another medium bowl beat 1 cup of the cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Fold whipped cream into lime mixture. Spoon filling evenly into crust-lined pie plate. Cover and freeze for 2 to 4 hours or until firm. Keep remaining cream chilled until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove pie from freezer. In a medium bowl beat remaining 1 cup cream on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Spread whipped cream over filling. If desired, sprinkle with additional lime peel. Makes 8 servings.