Prep Time 50min. Total Time 3hr. 20min. Servings 16 servings
As adorable and cuddly as this peanut butter and chocolate monkey-face cake looks, try to resist hugging it. We're serious—no monkeying around.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O vanilla Flavor Instant pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cupcreamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup thawed cool WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cupwhipping cream
- 4-1/2 oz.BAKER'S Semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 vanilla wafers
- 2 Mini oreo Bite Size cookies
- 1 Piece black string licoRice
MethodPrepare cake batter as directed on package; pour into greased and floured 2-qt. ovenproof glass bowl.Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.Cool cake in bowl 15 min.; invert onto wire rack.Cool completely.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 8 ounce package Cream Cheese
- 6 Eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 recipe Almond glaze, below
- Allow butter, cream cheese, and eggs to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and lightly flour 10-inch fluted bundt or tube pan; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until softened. Gradually add sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on medium speed about 5 minutes or until very light and fluffy. Add almond extract. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low to medium speed for 1 minute after each addition and scraping bowl frequently. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 75 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool thoroughly on wire rack about 2 hours. Top cake with glaze. Let stand 30 minutes to allow glaze to set. Makes 16 servings.
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sparkling wine or milk
- 3 tablespoons Sour Cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup safflower or canola oil
- 5 cold Eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla paste or vanilla extract
- 1 recipe Sparkling Wine glaze, recipe below
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan; set aside. In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift mixture; set aside. Stir together sparkling wine and sour cream; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat sugar, melted butter, and oil with electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla paste. Beat on medium to high 3 to 5 minutes or until thicker and lighter in color. Add one-third the flour mixture; beat on low just until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add half the wine mixture; beat just until combined. Repeat with one-third the flour mixture, the remaining wine mixture, and remaining flour mixture. With rubber spatula scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. Turn out on rack; cool completely. Drizzle with Sparkling Wine Glaze. Makes 16 servings.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 recipe sweetened Whipped cream (optional)
- Fresh berries (optional)
- Allow butter, eggs, and sour cream to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed about 10 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low to medium speed for 1 minute after each addition and scraping side of bowl frequently. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on rack. If desired, serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream and berries.