This superhealthy pizza, from Amanda Gould, is cooked in a frying pan making it the perfect food for camping
- 225g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g pack cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp passata
- handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 50g cheddar, grated
MethodTip in tomatoes and passata, and simmer for 5-10 mins or until the tomatoes are soft. Remove from the heat, stir in the basil, season, then allow to cool.
- 1 round focaccia loaf or long ciabatta
- 200g tub marinated grilled red and yellow peppers in olive oil
- 3 tbsp pesto
- 85g bag watercress
- 100g soft goat's cheese
- handful black olives
- Slice bread in half so you have two round or long bases. Drain the peppers, reserving the oil. Spread 1 tbsp of the pesto over the cut side of each base.
- Scatter over the peppers and watercress and crumble over the goat’s cheese. Mix the remaining tablespoon of pesto with a tablespoon of oil from the peppers and drizzle it over the pizzas. Scatter the olives over. Cut each pizza into wedges or slices and serve.
- 1 recipe Pizza dough or 1 pound ball purchased Pizza Dough
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 4 medium green apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Purchased caramel sauce
- Pinch flaked sea salt
- Powdered sugar, for finishing
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to 500 degrees F (or tap "Cook's Tip" with Pizza Dough recipe.
- For crusts, evenly divide dough in two pieces. Thinly stretch each piece and dust with flour. Bake crusts 6 to 8 minutes or until firm with no browning. Let crusts stand to cool.
- In a small bowl mix mascarpone with powdered sugar and vanilla paste. Divide between two crusts; smearing evenly to edges.
- Core and finely slice apples. Place slices in large bowl. Sprinkle slices with lemon juice; toss to coat.
- For Streusel Topping, in a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Evenly spread apples then topping on cheese layer.Bake each pizza for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine caramel sauce with a pinch of sea salt. Remove pizzas from oven. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Generously sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 2 pizzas (about 16 servings).
- 1 pound purchased Pizza dough
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets (3 1/2 cups)
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Green Olives
- basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a very large baking sheet. Roll dough to a 15x10-inch rectangle. Place dough on prepared baking sheet; reshape dough as needed. Prick all over with a fork and brush dough with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Grease a large baking pan; set aside. In a small bowl combine the panko, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and salt. In a large bowl toss cauliflower with eggs; add panko mixture and toss to coat. Spread cauliflower mixture evenly on prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and tender, turning pieces once.
- Top baked pizza dough with marinara, mozzarella, and cauliflower. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes more or until heated through. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Top with olives and basil. Serve immediately.