Bulk out this chunky vegetable soup with hearty sausage and cannellini beans, then serve with our tapenade ciabatta toasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 carrots, roughly diced
- 4 celery sticks, roughly diced
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 8 good-quality sausages, skins removed and sausagemeat broken into walnut-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 400g can cannellini bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- large pack parsley, roughly chopped
- Tapenade toast (see 'goes well with'), to serve
MethodCook gently over a low heat for 15 mins or until soft. Meanwhile, tip the sausage pieces into a non-stick frying pan, turn up the heat and sizzle for a few mins to brown. Put to one side.
When it comes to making appetizers, refrigerated pizza dough is a home cook's best friend! Case in point, these sausage bites served with mustard sauce.
- 1 can (11 oz.) refrigerated thin crust Pizza dough
- 6 KRAFT Singles
- 1pkg. (13 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Natural Uncured Turkey Sausage, cut crosswise in half
- 2 tsp.poppy seed
- 1/4 cupKRAFT Real mayo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cupBREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp.GREY POUPON dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Remove pizza dough from can.(Do not unroll dough.)Place dough on cutting board; cut crosswise in half.Unroll each half. Place 3 Singles down center of each dough piece; top diagonally with 1 sausage piece.Fold corners of dough over ends of each sausage piece, then fold 1 of the remaining corners of dough over sausage.Roll dough to completely enclose sausage; pinch seams together to seal.Spray lightly with cooking spray; roll in poppy seed until evenly coated.
- Place, seam sides down, on baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 14 min. or until golden brown.Let stand 5 min.Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients until blended.
- Cut each log into 14 slices. Serve with mayo mixture.
Jazz up your pasta plans using our Chicken Sausage Pappardelle Pasta Recipe! This 30-minute pappardelle pasta recipe is tasty with broccoli and Parmesan.
- 1/2 lb.pappardelle pasta, uncooked
- 2 cupsbroccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp.oil
- 1 lb.Chicken Sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into thin strips, halved crosswise
- 1 cupfat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cuphalf-and-half
- 1 tsp.dried oregano leaves
- 1 cupKRAFT Shredded italian* Five cheese with a TOUCH OF philadelphia
- 2 Tbsp.KRAFT Reduced Fat parmesan Style Grated Topping
- Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt and adding broccoli to the boiling water for the last 2 min.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat.Add sausage; cook on medium heat 5 min., stirring occasionally.Add peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until peppers are crisp-tender and sausage is done.
- Drain pasta mixture.Add to skillet along with broth, half-and-half and oregano; cook and stir 3 to 5 min. or until sauce is slightly thickened.Top with shredded cheese; cook 1 to 2 min. or until cheese is melted.Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Italian turkey sausage links, cholesterol-free egg product and whole wheat tortillas make these burritos a great choice any time of day!
- 4 italian Turkey Sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch Pieces
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup each red and Green Pepper strips
- 1 cupcholesterol-free Egg product
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inch)
- 1 cupKRAFT 2% milk Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cook sausage, onions and peppers in medium nonstick skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 min. or until sausage is done and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add egg product to skillet; cook and stir 2 min. or until set. Return sausage mixture to skillet; stir.Top with cheese.
- Spoon onto tortillas; fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up burrito-style.