These simple flatbreads are an impressive addition to any sharing platter. They're surprisingly easy to cook and need just a handful of ingredients
- 300g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 250g natural yogurt (buy a 500g pot and save the rest for lamb meatballs, see goes well with)
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
MethodAdd the yogurt, 2 tbsp water and the sesame seeds, then mix to make a dough (it’ll be quite wet). Flour the work surface and tip out the dough. Divide into six pieces. Working with one ball at a time, and keeping the others covered with a tea towel, roll into flatbreads about 0.5cm thick.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp sriracha chilli sauce (see tip below)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 240g pack Tenderstem broccoli
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Slice each chicken breast lengthways into 2 thin pieces. Rub with the oil and season on both sides. Heat a grill pan and cook the pieces for 2-3 mins each side.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the chilli sauce, ginger, honey and vinegar with a little seasoning in a small bowl. Brush over the chicken as it cooks – wait until it is grilled on one side first before brushing, or it will burn.
- Blanch the broccoli, divide between the plates and pour over the remaining sauce. Top with the chicken and sesame seeds.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- thumb-size piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 300g Brussels sprout, halved
- 250g beansprout
- small bunch spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil. Fry the ginger and Brussels sprouts, tossing to coat them in the oil for 5-6 mins, until slightly browned. Add a few tbsp water during cooking to stop them sticking if needed.
- Throw in the beansprouts, spring onions, honey and soy sauce, then stir-fry for 1 min. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds and serve immediately with extra soy sauce, if you like.
- 400g gluten-free self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting (we used Doves)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 300ml natural yogurt
- Heat the grill to medium and dust a baking sheet with a little flour. Mix the flour and cumin seeds in a bowl, then season. Stir in the yogurt and 100ml water, then mix well to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, then shape into circles or ovals about ½cm thick. Dust lightly with a little flour. Grill on the baking sheet for 3-5 mins on each side until golden and puffed. Serve warm.