MethodPreheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 500g carrot, peeled and halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp light muscovado sugar
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Cook carrots in boiling water for 10-15 mins, until they are starting to soften, but still have some bite. Drain and pat dry.
- Spread the carrots out in a roasting tin, drizzle with the oil and vinegar, then sprinkle over the sugar. Season well with sea salt and black pepper, then roast for about 45 mins, turning occasionally, until the sugar has caramelised and the carrots are soft and tender.
- 2 medium ripe mangoes, halved lengthwise and pitted
- 2tablespoons brown sugar
- 2tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 2teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Place mango halves in a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Combine brown sugar, coconut, orange peel, and crystallized ginger in a small mixing bowl. Sprinkle over mango halves.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven about 10 minutes or until mangoes are hot, and topping just begins to brown. Makes 4 servings.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2cups 1/2-inch pieces carrots
- 8ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed (halved, if large)
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups dried multigrain penne pasta
- 115 - ounce canno-salt-added fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2teaspoons snipped fresh sage
- 1ounce reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup broken walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 15x10-inch baking pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine the next three ingredients (through oil), 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Spread in prepared baking pan. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and light brown.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Keep pasta warm.
- In a large skillet bring tomatoes, sage, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in roasted vegetables, pasta, and cheese; cook and stir just until cheese is melted. If needed, stir in enough reserved pasta cooking water to reach desired consistency. Top servings with walnuts and additional sage.