- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4cups bite-size corn square cereal
- 3cups bite-size rice square cereal
- 2cups pretzel knots
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, blueberries, or cherries
MethodIn a large roasting pan toss together corn cereal, rice cereal, pretzels, and almonds; set aside.
- Cream tea bites
- Mini choc ice balls
- Cheat's lamingtons
- Apple & marzipan tarts
- Lemon fancies (all ingredients for recipes below)
- Cream tea bites Split 6 scones. Sandwich them together with a 227g tub of clotted cream and ½ a jar of strawberry jam. Cut into quarters and serve like triangular sandwiches, pointy-side up (makes 24).
- Mini choc ice balls Use a melon baller to scoop 25 small balls of vanilla ice cream from a 500g tub. Freeze on a tray for 1 hr until solid. Melt 200g dark chocolate and spread 100g finely chopped pistachios on a tray. Dip the balls in the chocolate using a cocktail stick, then roll in the nuts and freeze for 30 mins or until serving (makes 25).
- Cheat’s lamingtons Buy 2 x 350g Madeira sponge cakes. Trim, then cut into 20 x 3cm cubes. Freeze until solid. Heat 200ml double cream, then remove from heat and stir in 200g chopped white chocolate until melted. Cool a little. Spread 2 cups of desiccated coconut on a tray. Dip each frozen cake completely into the chocolate, then roll in the coconut to coat all sides (it might help to hold each cake on a skewer). Firm up on baking parchment for at least 30 mins before serving (makes 20).
- Apple & marzipan tarts Thinly roll out a 375g pack puff pastry. Divide into squares (roughly 20 x 5cm), then prick each all over with a fork. Spread onto baking sheets. Peel, core and slice 2 Bramley apples into 2cm pieces. Place a small slice of marzipan on each square (you’ll need about 200g), top with some apple and bake at 200C/180C fan/gas 6 for 10 mins until crisp. Dust with icing sugar to serve (makes 20).
- Lemon fancies Use a 4cm pastry cutter to cut out 20 circles from bought lemon tarts (you’ll need 2 large tarts). Top each with a raspberry and dust with icing sugar.
- 28 1/2 - 8 3/4ounce package party Snack Mix (original flavor)
- 2 cups honey and nut bite-sized shredded wheat cereal
- 1 cup plain or honey roasted mixed nuts
- 1 cup plain candy-coated milk-Chocolate Pieces
- 1/2 cup peanuts in crunchy sugar coating (french burnt peanuts)
- 1/2 cup dried banana chips
- In a very large bowl, combine packaged snack mix, shredded wheat cereal, mixed nuts, candy-coated milk-chocolate pieces, peanut candy, and banana chips. Toss gently until well combined. Store, covered, in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups puffed corn cereal, crispy corn and Rice cereal, and/or sweetened oat square cereal
- 4 cups chow mein Noodles, bite-size Cheese Crackers, and/or small pretzel twists
- 3 cups round toasted oat cereal
- 2 1/2 cups almonds and/or pecan halves
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1-ounce envelope ranch dry Salad Dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Lightly coat an oval 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.* Combine the next four ingredients (through almonds and/or pecan halves) in cooker. In a bowl stir together the remaining ingredients. Drizzle butter mixture over cereal mixture, stirring gently to coat.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 hours, stirring from the bottom up every 30 minutes. Turn to low. Cook, uncovered, about 20 minutes more or until dry and crisp, stirring from the bottom up every 10 minutes. Spread mixture on a large sheet of foil to cool.