Pack tortillas with fried banana shallots, sweet potato, broad beans and cheese, then toast for crisp golden brown quesadillas - ideal for lunch or supper
- 4 small or 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 banana shallots, finely sliced into rounds
- 200g frozen broad beans
- 4 corn tortillas
- 60g Edam, coarsely grated
MethodMeanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the shallots and cook, stirring often, for 10 mins or until soft and beginning to brown. Remove and set aside.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 200g block feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 flour tortillas
- 140g sliced chorizo (about 24 slices)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pierce the potatoes a few times each and put on a baking tray. Cook for 50 mins until really soft. Leave to cool slightly.
- Scoop the sweet potato flesh out of the skins into a bowl. Mash with the coriander, season and gently fold through the feta. This can be done earlier in the day – cover and keep in the fridge. Heat a large griddle pan.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture over half of each tortilla, top with chorizo slices and fold the other side over. Cook on the hot griddle pan for 3 mins each side until golden. Cut each tortilla in half and serve.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled if desired
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- Coarse salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set baking sheets aside.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Place sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper; toss again to coat evenly. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Turn potatoes over. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with parsley and/or coarse salt.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced*
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced*
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese or Swiss Cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3-quart baking dish; set aside. In a small bowl combine green onions, snipped sage, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In the prepared baking dish, layer half of the sweet potatoes and half of the Yukon gold potatoes, alternating rows if desired. Top with half of the herb mixture; sprinkle with half of the Gruyere cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Pour broth and cream over ingredients in dish.
- Bake, covered, for 1 hour. Uncover and bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with sage leaves.