The classic picnic roll gets a spicy makeover, as pork sausagemeat is flavoured with Mexican chipotle paste, green chillies, lime and coriander
- 450g sausagemeat
- 1 heaped tbsp chipotle paste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- finely grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 400g can kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- pinch dried oregano (optional)
- ketchup and green salad, to serve (optional)
MethodMix together the sausagemeat with the chipotle paste, chilli, onions, coriander, lime zest and juice and a little seasoning, before squashing in the kidney beans.
- 500g pack lean minced beef
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- pinch chilli flakes
- 24 taco shells
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot, then brown the mince. Remove, then season with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the pan and fry the garlic, oregano and spices for 1 min until fragrant. Return the beef to the pan and toss well, then cook for 2-3 mins until hot through. Warm the taco shells following the pack instructions and serve with the beef.
- 2 tomatoes, halved, seeds scooped out, then chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced (deseeded if you like it milder)
- 4 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 2 large wraps
- soured cream and guacamole to serve, (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix the tomatoes, half the spring onions and half the red chilli with some seasoning and set aside. Beat the eggs and milk with a fork with some seasoning.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the remaining spring onion and chilli for 1 min, then pour in the egg mix. Gently scramble the eggs by dragging the egg mixture as it sets into the middle of the pan. Cook to your liking, then take off the heat and throw on the cheese. Stir through, then divide between the wraps. Tuck up the top and bottom of each wrap and roll up, then slice in half and serve with the homemade tomato salsa, soured cream and guacamole, if you like.
- 500g beef, pork or turkey mince
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 rolls, toasted
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh tomato
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Mix mince with the onion, cayenne pepper and oregano. Season well, shape into 4 patties and chill for 30 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Cook burgers for 15 mins or until done to your liking, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve in rolls with cheese, tomato and avocado.