Prep Time 10min. Total Time 11min. Servings 18 servings
A spread of mayonnaise, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, red peppers and green onions tops crackers and is microwaved for a warm appetizer or snack.
- 1 cupKRAFT 2% milk Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cupKRAFT Grated parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cupKRAFT mayo with Olive Oil Reduced Fat mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. chopped Red Peppers
- 54 fire-Roasted Tomato and olive oil wOven wheat crackers
- Dollop low-fat soft cheese, snipped chives and a few cornichons into a tub. Eat with wholewheat crackers.
- 36 asparagus spears
- 140g unsalted butter
- 100g whole blanched almonds
- juice 1 lemon
- 50g best-quality Manchego cheese (or vegetarian hard cheese)
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and plunge in the asparagus. Cook for 2-3 mins, drain, then leave them to sit somewhere warm.
- Next, put the butter into a cold pan with the almonds. Carefully heat it up, watching that the butter doesn’t get too dark. When it just turns golden brown and is beginning to foam, remove from the heat and pour in the lemon juice to stop the cooking.
- Arrange the asparagus onto 6 serving plates and spoon over some of the brown butter and almonds. Shave the cheese with a peeler, scatter over and serve.
- 2 aubergines, thinly sliced lengthways
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Middle Eastern flatbread or pitta
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- handful mint leaves
- 2 shallots, 1 finely chopped, the other thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 50g goat's cheese, crumbled
- handful wild rocket, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush the aubergine slices with 1 tbsp of the oil, then season. Arrange on a baking tray or sheet and roast for 20 mins until browned, popping the tomatoes on the tray for the final 5 mins. Tear the flatbread into pieces and place on a separate baking sheet. Brown in the oven for 8 mins, or until crisp, then remove.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, mix the vinegar, mint, chopped shallots, chilli, remaining oil and some salt and pepper.
- Scatter the aubergine slices, tomatoes, sliced shallot and crisp flatbread into a serving bowl. Pour over the dressing, sprinkle with the goat’s cheese and scatter over a little rocket.