- 1 1/2 pounds Green Beans, trimmed
- 1 cup julienned carrots (2 medium) or packaged fresh julienned carrots
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons snipped Fresh Basil
- 1 tablespoon toasted Sesame Seeds
- Fresh basil leaves
MethodAdd green beans; return to boiling. Boil for 4 minutes. Add carrots; boil for 1 minute more. Drain well.
- 300g green beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small shallots, very finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- squeeze lemon
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water until tender, then drain and cool under running water. Set aside.
- Put olive oil, shallots, garlic cloves and some salt in a frying pan, then cook gently for about 8 mins until soft but not brown. Tip in the beans and a grind of pepper, toss well, then warm through. Finish with a squeeze of lemon and toasted flaked almonds.
- 250g pack green bean, trimmed
- 220g pack thin-stemmed broccoli
- 25g blanched hazelnut, roughly chopped
- 25g butter
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Add the beans and simmer for 1 min, add the broccoli and then cook for 3 mins more until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan and gently toast the hazelnuts until golden brown. Add the butter, let it melt and foam for just a few mins, but don’t let it burn, then season well. Tip the drained vegetables into the frying pan and toss in the butter until everything is coated.
- 2 pork chops (about 140g/5oz each)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tsp black or white sesame seeds, or a mix of both, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp yuzu juice (or 1 tbsp each lime and grapefruit juice)
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Rub a spoonful of the sauce over each pork chop. Reserve the rest to serve alongside.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot and bring a pan of water to the boil. Drizzle the chops with 1 tsp of the sesame oil. Cook in the griddle pan for 5 mins each side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the beans in the boiling water for 2 mins, then drain. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan, add the beans and sesame seeds, and cook for 2 mins. Serve the chops with the beans, the remaining miso sauce and an extra sprinkling of sesame seeds.