Try this stunning white chocolate dessert to finish off your Sunday roast - sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberry dust to make it extra special
- 15 cardamom pods
- 300ml pot double cream, plus a drizzle more (buy a 150ml pot and serve the extra on the side)
- 375g block sweet shortcrust pastry
- 200g white chocolate
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries (optional, available from Waitrose and Sainsbury's)
- 150g punnet raspberries, to serve
MethodPut the cream and cracked cardamom pods in a pan, heat gently, bubbling for 1-2 mins, then set aside to infuse for at least 2 hrs or, if you have time, cool then chill overnight.
- 50g butter, softened, plus extra for the moulds
- 25g toasted flaked almonds, chopped
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 25g self-raising flour
- 25g ground almonds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream, to serve
- 50g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp butter
- 125ml double cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Disaronno (amaretto)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Butter 2 x 150ml dariole moulds, scatter in the flaked almonds so they stick to the base and sides and put on a small baking tray. Beat the butter, sugar, egg, flour, ground almonds and cocoa powder together, then divide between the moulds. Bake for 20-25 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, melt all the ingredients in a small pan and keep warm.
- Carefully turn the cakes out of their moulds and sit on 2 plates (the same way up as they baked). Serve with vanilla ice cream, the hot chocolate sauce, espressos and a splash more Disaronno.
- Bring the cream just to the boil with the cardamom pods, then set aside to infuse for 15 mins.
- Keep one square of chocolate aside and melt the rest gently in a large bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Strain in the cream, then beat with an electric whisk for a couple of mins to thicken slightly. Pour into pots, cover and chill for 4 hrs, or up to 2 days, until cold and set. Very finely grate over the reserved square of white chocolate to serve.
- 200g pack shortbread biscuits
- 50g butter, melted
- 7 ripe apricots
- 2 sheets leaf gelatine
- 300g white chocolate, plus extra to decorate
- 300ml pot double cream
- 250g pack light soft cheese, such as Philadelphia Light
- 85g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Break biscuits into the food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Brush a little butter over the base and sides of a deep 20cm flan tin. Stir the remaining butter into the crumbs. Spoon into the flan tin, then press over the base and sides. Chill while you make the filling.
- Stone and chop 3 of the apricots into small chunks. Put the gelatine in a bowl, cover with cold water, then leave to soften for 10 mins. Break up chocolate and put in a heatproof bowl with 100ml of the double cream. Stand over a pan of simmering water, then leave until melted, stirring occasionally. Squeeze water out of the gelatine, then stir into chocolate mix. Take off the heat and stir until dissolved. Beat the soft cheese and sugar together. Whisk remaining cream until stiff, then fold into the cheese. Fold in the chocolate, followed by the chopped apricots. Pour into the prepared tin and chill for at least 4 hrs or overnight.
- Line a grill pan with foil. Cut remaining apricots into quarters, then place on the foil, cut-sides up. Dust with icing sugar and grill for a few mins until lightly browned. Cool, then arrange over the top. Shave some white chocolate curls, then pile up in the centre of the cheesecake and serve.